This is Who We Are
Mobilehome Magazine is a not only monthly magazine for all California mobilehome owners, we are advocates. We are a new movement to protect the rights of mobilehome owners. As of January 1, 2017, we are a full service advocate. We have been serving the mobilehome owner community since 2004 (as COMO-CAL between 2004 and the end of 2016. Mobilehome Magazine between 2011 and today).
We have been brainstorming a way to provide you information and protection at the lowest possible cost to you since 2014. ThePlan2017 provides huge benefits to the community, many more and at a lower cost than at anytime in the past 30 years. We have pledged to donate all magazine profits back to the community, that’s as much as $35,000 per year. Please note, there are about 15 separate communities in California (North Bay Area, Sacramento, San Jose, Central Coast, Central Inland, Los Angeles, Riverside/Hemet, Orange County, North San Diego County, San Diego, and several more).
As a member ($20/calendar year to join – click on MEMBERSHIP), you will receive a monthly magazine (mailed via the U.S. mail direct to your home), access to our Help Line (800-929-6061), and access to our member’s only website. As membership grows, we will have a Legal Fund, and hire an attorney and a lobbyist to help protect your rights.
Our contact information:
Mobilehome Magazine, P.O. Box 3774, Chatsworth CA 91313.
Our purpose is to inform, educate, protect and unite all mobilehome owners in California.
We have provided important information and assistance to California’s mobile/manufactured home community since 2004. In the last 6 years, Mobilehome Magazine has delivered over 500,000 informative magazines to the community. Today, we are focused to serve those who support us and have some ‘skin’ in the game. We can do much more with a membership organization than with a free magazine. We are a new movement in state-wide advocacy. We are here to stay.
- UNITY (Strength in Numbers)
- A viable form to enforce the Civil Code (Mobilehome Residency Law). We strongly believe mobilehome owners are severly handicapped when dealing with unscrupulous park owners because there is no viable form of enforcement today. The process promoted by the state and other advocates, hiring an attorney and going to court, simply does not work.
- Our state-wide advocate has known that for over 30 years. Their leaders testified before the Senate Select Committee in 1987 (http://mobilehomes.senate.ca.gov/sites/mobilehomes.senate.ca.gov/files/250-S.pdf that a) It was extremely difficult to find an attorney that was well versed and experienced in mobilehome law, b) Most attorneys charge so much per hour that seniors, fixed and low income residents simply can not afford to hire an attorney, c) Litigation can take months, even years. Many mobilehome residents simply will give up before they can prevail.
- We support our new Bill of Rights as published in the January 2017 issue of MH Life Magazine (see MAGAZINES). Rights such as freedom of speech, freedom of assembly, freedom from retaliation, etc.
- We are very interested in stopping abuse in mobilehome parks. If you suffer abuse in your park, please contact us.
- We are also interested in stopping interference of sales. This may take the form of (a) The manager won’t approve a qualified buyer, (b) The park places restrictions on your home if it is to stay in the park (asking you to paint your home, install a new roof or new skirting, etc.)
- We will address other issues as our membership grows.
- We believe in the sayings: Strength in Numbers and Knowledge is Power.
- We believe in transparency, and being open.
- We believe in everyone working together, sharing, networking. ThePlan2017 promotes that belief. It excludes no one. Everyone has a place – including current GSMOL leaders, and manager
- We believe in ethics in advocacy (openness, transparency, equal representation, networking, working together, and being responsive to our membership).
- We believe we don’t need more useless laws. We need ENFORCEMENT of the laws already on the books.
- We are not political, i.e. we believe there is room for all advocates. After all, only about 5% of mobile/manufactured home owners belong to any advocacy group.
Join Our Team
Membership is just $20/calendar year. Go to MEMBERSHIP to join. If you are interested in helping your friends and neighbors, please volunteer. There is much we can do, but we must do it together. Contact Frank Wodley at 818-886-6479 / 800-929-6061 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.